Anderson to Host Children’s Safety Expo
State Sen. Neil Anderson (Andalusia) and State Rep. Tony McCombie (Savanna) will host a Children’s Safety Expo from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., Sept. 9 at Glenview Middle School, 3100 7th Ave, in East Moline.
“Nothing is more important than the health and safety of our kids. This Expo is a great way to teach our kids about safety in a way that is fun for the whole family,” said Anderson.
Free and open to the public, the Expo will provide fun for the whole family! The main event will be a “Touch-a-Truck” exhibit featuring firetrucks, an ambulance, police squad cars, a medical helicopter, dump truck and more!
Demonstrations by the East Moline Police K-9 unit, Silvis Police K-9 unit, All Family ATA Taekwondo, and Dance Connection are planned throughout the morning.
Giveaways, and free informational legislative brochures will be available. Useful information on daycare, nutrition, Internet safety, bicycle safety, water safety, Bright Start! College Savings Program, car-seat information, CPR demonstrations and after-school activities will also be available. More than 30 groups will be participating in the Expo.
· Advanced Medical Transport of Central Illinois
· All Family ATA Taekwondo
· Center for Youth and Family Solutions
· Children’s Therapy Center
· City of Moline
· Commonwealth Edison
· Dance Connection
· East Moline Fire Department
· East Moline Police Department
· East Moline Public Library
· Illinois Department of Transportation
· Illinois Secretary of State Police
· Illinois State Police
· Med Force
· Moline Public Works
· Office of the Illinois Attorney General
· Office of the Illinois Treasurer
· Project NOW
· Ribbons for Kellsey
· Rock Island County Highway Department
· Rock Island Health Department
· Rock Island Kindercare
· Rock Island Regional Office of Education
· Rock Island State’s Attorney’s Office
· Silvis Police Department
· Silvis Police K-9
· The Arc of the Quad Cities
· Safe Kids – Quad Cities
· Village of Coal Valley
· Two Rivers YMCA
For more information, visit Sen. Anderson’s legislative website at www.senatorneilanderson.com or call his Moline office at 309-736-7084.